Waste Expert boosts staff knowledge and confidence at IT recycling firm
Tuesday, April 7, 2015
Blackmore.IT is a specialist Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) refurbishment and recycling company that has been providing a UK-wide redundant IT equipment collection service since 1996. Based on the site of an old dairy in Wiltshire, the company is ISO9001certified and is currently working towards ISO14001 accreditation.
Blackmore.IT is committed to ensuring that all equipment it manages are effectively treated and recycled in the UK. The company sits on the Environment Agency Illegal Export Task Force to help prevent the illegal export of WEEE to developing countries and uses internationally recognised techniques for wiping data storage devices to ensure data confidentiality.
- With an ever growing workforce and client base Blackmore.IT required an effective and efficient means to ensure that its staff were appropriately trained on waste management practices and regulation.
- Needed to increase staff knowledge and understanding of WEEE to respond to clients’ demands with confidence.
- Blackmore.it purchased relevant training modules in WEEE, waste management and compliance.
- Waste Expert provided the perfect balance of accredited training for Blackmore.IT staff, plus a continually updated, readily accessible resource of compliance information they could refer to and rely on.
- Increased staff knowledge on WEEE regulation
- Increased staff knowledge on waste management best practise
- Understanding of ongoing compliance issues
“When Cloud Sustainability presented its product range at a NISP conference, I could see immediate advantages in starting a programme of staff development based on the Waste Expert courses. Cloud Sustainability helped me choose a suitable package to meet our needs and consequently Blackmore.IT's staff have gained a broader understanding of the industry and developed their skills and knowledge. As a specialist waste solution provider it is Blackmore.IT's job to assist our clients - they expect us to know all the answers. Cloud Sustainability’s training modules have given us an extra edge that means our customers know they can rely on us completely.” Simon Barfoot, Owner, Blackmore IT